Sunday, April 13, 2014

EDUC7726 Week 2 Response Embedded Technology

This week through our ED 7726 course we had the opportunity to pretend we were technology leaders for a school. As the technology leaders we were responsible for making recommendations on a lesson and helping a teacher embed technology into their lesson. While revising the lesson we were to keep in mind the Substitution Augmentation Modification Redefinition (SAMR) model designed by Dr. Ruben Puentedura. I am familiar with the SAMR model as my colleague and classmate Joan Robinson have used this as part of a Professional development session we offered to other math teachers in our district. We also included this model as a resource on our website NHPS Math Media Website  as a suggested resource for teachers wanting to embed technology into their math lessons.



 Although the lesson I chose for this was not complete, I chose to revise it anyway because I thought the topic would be really interesting to students. It was a 5th grade science/math lesson on population sampling. It was a bit challenging to find its proper place in the 5th grade science curriculum due to the new Next Generation Standards. However, I felt that it would fit in very well with the study of ecosystems and the energy needed and produced by living things; a Next Generation Curriculum Standard.


 I appreciated the feedback I received from my classmate +Nancy Atterberry on the lesson. We both agreed that the concept of progress monitoring was important to include in the lesson, and that “students reflection to identify what tasks have to be done is a valuable skill for students to develop”. I really enjoyed this assignment and welcomed the challenge to revise it. Please review my lesson plan titled “I will Survive” through this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment