Sunday, July 28, 2013

Cooking with TPACK

Before I began my video on Cooking with TPACK I have to admit that I felt a bit apprehensive about video taping myself while discussing/explaining a cooking activity. Although I am very comfortable in the kitchen I was not so comfortable with the thought of viewing myself in a video. Yet to my surprise it actually wasn’t as bad as I thought and I felt as if I needed to feel a little discomfort in trying something new especially if I expect my students or even teachers to try new things. Here is my TPACK Video.








I tried to keep the TPACK theory  (Technology, Pedagogy, and Content Knowledge) in mind when doing the video in that I was trying to talk from a teaching perspective while using technology and talking about kitchen items, utensils, and the task at hand. I wanted to start out with something people could relate to or find interesting so I threw in the Man vs. Wild or Bear Grylls reference. I think its important to get your audience interested quickly. I definitely enjoyed doing the activity and using it to reflect upon myself as an educator as I watched how I delivered the material. Please excuse the strange look on my face as I begin the video !

1 comment: