Monday, July 22, 2013

What I would like to learn through the internet.


My initial thought on what I wanted to learn was actually sewing, but more specifically how to properly hem a pair of pants. The thought came from the fact that  I am only 5’ tall and many times when I buy pants they need to be hemmed. And if you are one that needs clothing altered then you understand the hassle of dropping off the item to the seamstress, paying $20 or more on top of the cost of the pants, and then wait 2 weeks to get them back. Its just not  what I look forward to doing when I buy something new. Then when we were discussing in class what were we thinking of learning  someone else wanted to learn sewing, and I decided to change my topic so there was variety among  our class.  


Shortly after, I was talking to a friend of mine who told me how her son just sold a few items on ebay and made a decent amount of money. I expressed to her how I have been wanting to sell some brand new and gently used item on ebay myself. Then, I got to thinking, wait, that's a great idea! I can learn how to sell items on ebay. But not just sell the items on ebay I want to know the following:


What is the best way to photograph an item ?


How to describe and the items for sale ?


Should the item/s run on a bid/auction or should  they be listed  at a set price so a profit is made?


How are things shipped ?


How are items paid for ?  (i.e paypal account?)


And any other helpful suggestions I find online when selling on ebay.


I am really excited about this because I have been thinking of selling items on ebay for the last year now.Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment